Vitamin D, or the "sunshine vitamin", is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps regulate calcium absorption and is essential for maintaining bone health. But not only that, it can also help reduce stress! (Source: Poseidon)
Plantforce Vegan Vitamin D3 provides a natural and organic source of vitamin D that is closest to our body's production. Moreover, as research has shown, vitamin D3 is more absorbable compared to vitamin D2.
Benefits of Plantforce Vegan Vitamin D3:
- High-quality plant vitamin D from wild lichen
- 100% natural
- No artificial sweeteners or flavourings
- Neutral flavour
- 2000 IU (50 mcg) per capsule
- Easily digestible
- Coconut-based MCT oil (for better absorption into the body)
- Small, easy-to-swallow capsules
New supplement companies are popping up every day and, unfortunately, more and more companies are compromising on quality! We never have and we never will!
When creating Plantforce Vegan Vitamin D3, we deliberately chose a high-quality source of this fat-soluble vitamin. We ensure that our vitamin D easily through the body can be absorbed by using MCT oil (medium-chain triglyricides) from coconut that improves vitamin D absorption.
Plantforce vitamin D3 is vegan!
Unlike other vitamin D3 supplements made from animal products - usually from lamb's wool or fish oil - we source vitamin D3 from lichen. This is a unique, organic and plant-based source of vitamin D3. Lichens are individual plant organisms that form a symbiotic relationship of a fungus with algae. Lichens absorb sufficient vitamin D3 from sunlight, making them a viable source of vitamin D3.
Why should you take vitamin D3?
More than 1 billion people around the world are deficient in vitamin D3! Researchers indicate that a vitamin D supplement is the best option to get your required daily amount of vitamin D. This is because there may be challenges that cause us to not get enough vitamin D:
- Sunlight is limited during the winter season, especially from October to March. As a result, we have low vitamin D blood levels during these months.
- People living close together or work in the office or (remotely) from home, rarely get enough sunlight.
- People with dark skin are more likely to have lower blood vitamin D levels because the dark pigment of the skin acts as a shadow, reducing vitamin D production.
- People with a body mass index of more than 30 are associated with lower vitamin D levels. This is because fat cells under the skin isolate the vitamin D produced and prevent it from being used by the body.
- Aging can also reduce the skin's vitamin D production, especially for the elderly from 65-70 years old.
Key health benefits of Plantforce Vegan Vitamin D3
Vitamin D is one of the most under-consumed nutrients. This is notable because it is crucial for a range of functions in the body. For this reason, numerous studies have been conducted on the impact of vitamin D balancing. Vitamin D3 can help the body in several ways:
Vitamin D for healthy bones, teeth & gums
Vitamin D facilitates the absorption of both calcium and phosphorus by bones, which ensures that bone turnover does not exceed build-up (remodelling). When this happens, our bone strength decreases and they become weaker. This can ultimately increase the risk of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. In addition, calcium is also important for tooth mineralisation and thus helps maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Vitamin D for good resistance - immune function
Every cell in our body contains the receptor for vitamin D! This includes immune cells and Vitamin D has been shown to support an optimally functioning immune system. So good, in fact, that it has been approved as an official health claim!
Vitamin D for muscle development
Besides its positive impact on bones, teeth and immune function, vitamin D is also believed to play a role in supporting muscle function. This was first discovered in studies linking muscle breakdown (myopathy) to vitamin D deficiency (Source: NCBI). The cellular mechanisms are not well defined, but it is believed to be related to vitamin D receptors in skeletal muscle tissue.
MCT oil (Medium Chain Triglyceride) from coconuts, modified tapioca starch (softgel), glycerol (humectant), vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) from lichen.
|Contains||Per 100 g|
|Vitamin D3 (per softgel)||50 μg (2000 IU)|
How to use Plantforce Vitamin D3
Take 1 softgel daily, with fat-containing foods, e.g. avocado, olive oil, nuts, nut butter
Store in a dry place at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat. The product should be kept out of the reach of small children.